Thursday, December 6, 2007

The cats go to new homes

I love all animals, but I am allergic to cats. I had Harley and Eliot because of a family member who got Harley and could not take care of her. I got Eliot from the shelter to be a companion to Harley. Lately living with them had become very uncomfortable. I was zonked on Benedryl most of the time.

I waited until the right people came along to place them in new homes. Harley is living with another cat named Bugs. She is fitting in very nicely.

Eliot went to a lady who fell in love with her from her picture. I turns out that Eliot likes children since she has chosen the son as her favorite.

I am so happy they have new homes. I didn't brush them or hold them like a good cat mommy should. They each live in homes where cats are properly appreciated.

We do have another cat in residence temporarily. His name is What, as in "that is not what I sent you to Walmart to get" and that is exactly how he got his name. My daughter-in-law's parents have sold their house and are living in a horse trailer/camper. It's a little small for both their dog, Reuben and the cat. So Mr. What will be staying with us for a while. He spends most of his time in my son's office/studio. It makes him feel safe from all of the wild dogs. My son put up a window shelf for What and I loaded the bird feeder on the front porch. What spends a lot of time bird watching now.

No comments: