Sunday, April 26, 2009

My babies are growing up

All of the pups are eating solid food now. The Yorkies have even tried to eat their mother's kibble. I would give them dry puppy food, but their teeth haven't even begun to erupt. The Yorkies are beginning to get their shaggy faces.

Two of my Shih Tzus have families already. Apollo and Spot have chosen their mommies. Spot really did do the choosing. He sniffed the lady over thoroughly and then bestowed a puppy kiss on her. I hope she can stand the wait until he is 9 weeks old.

Today I am going to try to puppy-proof the room the Shih Tzus are in so they will have more freedom. I don't like restricting my pups to cages. When they are about 6 weeks old, I will begin having them sleep in crates so that they become accustomed to the nighttime restriction.

I have a live webcam on the Yorkies. It only gets them when Raina is nursing or they are sleeping since they have started exploring. I put new videos on the available puppy page so the viewer can see how cute my babies are. I do my breeding to make good pets for people, but I still miss each one as they leave. It's even harder now with Apollo and Spot because I know approximately when they will leave. I will need to get my time with them now.

1 comment: