Monday, July 16, 2007

Pregancy update

Raina is getting bigger every day. Next Saturday is her first due date. Since the mating took place over several days her due date could be 63 days from any of those days. She is getting bigger and sleeps a lot. I try to feed her several times a day remembering how I would get indigestion while pregnant. She loves having her tummy rubbed. I guess it feels good to her. I can feel the pups moving and can even see them moving now. I’m guessing the litter will be 3 or 4 pups. I have my delivery supplies together including the map to the emergency clinic in Marietta in case of problems.


Penny is coming along with her pregnancy. She is getting wider where Raina’s belly is becoming more low-slung. My daughter-in-law called me a little while ago to tell me that she could feel Penny’s puppies. I ran upstairs as quickly as I could and sure enough I felt them squirming around! I thought I was excited already.


We are pretty sure that C.C. also pregnant. I have been measuring the dogs’ girth every week and there has been a steady increase for all of them.


Over the weekend my son and daughter-in-law bought a used treadmill to exercise the dogs. Penny, Hamburger and C.C. have taken to it very easily. Winston is not sure about it yet. The one we really want to use it, Jack is terrified by it. I have faith my daughter-in-law will get Jack on that treadmill.

No comments: