Wednesday, August 1, 2007

More puppies today?

Raina’s puppies are growing so fast. When I last weighed them, they ranged from 8.2 ounces to 9.2 ounces. The vet said they were “nice and plump” the day he docked their tails. They did very well with the tail docking. Raina was a good girl even though she could hear her puppies whimpering. I am not crazy about altering anything on puppies, but after being hit by C.C.’s monster tail there may be a reason for some of the changes; it may not just be for fashion.


Today I am spending the day with Penny. She is obviously miserable. She’s been lactating for a couple of days and also has a pink mucus discharge from her vulva. I’ve been just letting her sit with me. She wants to go to Sean and Shannon’s bedroom, but I don’t think they really want puppies born in there. I decided to try walking her like I did with Raina. I don’t know if the walk did any good, but Raina delivered the next day. Penny is lying on her side at my feet. She just looks very uncomfortable. Maybe I’m wrong; I noticed that she is asleep. I’m trying to hurry things along and maybe I need to slow down and let them happen at their own pace.


I want to bring my camera upstairs. Not just to get pictures of Penny. I need to get shots of the ferrets too. Goose has settled in very nicely. They are probably wondering why I have not let them out. Shannon usually lets them out twice a day. I would have to put Penny in her playpen and I want to keep her with me. Shannon’s spending the day with her dad and stepmom. She has her cell phone with her so I can call her if her Penny starts to have her pups.

No comments: