Thursday, August 2, 2007

Penny's bad day

Today I am tired and sad. Penny was in labor all day yesterday. I watched her while Sean and Shannon were at school and work. They took over the watch from me allowing me to go to bed at 11 p.m. I was called at 2:30 a.m. when Penny went into active labor. Unfortunately she was only having 2 puppies and both were breach. Our vet tried to save the second puppy by doing a C-section, but it could not be revived. He advised us to have Penny spayed since it look like her pelvis was just too small. We love our Penny and decided that spaying was the best thing to do. It’s very sad that we do not have either of her puppies and she will never have any. She will always have her special place in our home whether she can have puppies or not. In the entire world there is only one Penny.

No comments: