Sunday, November 9, 2008

Wookie's babies are a week old





I was so glad when Wookie delivered her pups last Sunday. They are growing so fast that they have actually doubled their birth weights! Sometimes I hear them crying and thinking there is a problem. It usually turns out to be one of the pups complaining that they want to nurse. Wookie worries me that she is not drinking water, but then why should she when I keep her supplied with puppy formula. I have also been trying to get her to eat puppy kibble, but she wants only canned puppy food and boiled beef liver. What a wonder thing for me! I get to remember those days of my childhood when I choked down fried liver with lots of catsup. At least this is boiled so the aroma is a little different. After boiling, I grind up the liver in a food processor. I suppose it is worth the bother since it produces the most beautiful and healthy babies.

No comments: