Monday, January 5, 2009

I got a picture today!


I love to hear from people who have gotten a puppy from us. Today I got a picture of Bailey. She was one of our August Shih Tzus. I called her Dorothy. I like her permanent name better. She is just beautiful and obviously well loved. I can’t ask any more for one of my babies. Thank you to Christina for the picture.


It always seems that we have one puppy in a litter that is around for a while. This time it’s Bob. He is adorable. He plays with the older dogs and takes their rough playing in his stride and comes back for more. Bob also loves the dead leaves the other dogs bring in from the outside. He carries them proudly like a treasure. I just wish he was big enough to reach a wastebasket to dispose of them himself. I guess that’s my job.


I am of two minds about Bob leaving. It would be nice to know he has a good home, but I would be without puppies for the first time since August. I have become accustomed to all of those tasks I perform to take care of them. It might leave a hole in my day. I have been whispering to Raina and Kitty Cat that they need to come into heat soon so that I will have more puppies. I am missing that stage where trying to walk among them is like wearing puppy slippers, except that the slippers are licking my feet!

No comments: