Thursday, January 15, 2009

The Hazards of Wishing

There is an old saying, “be careful what you wish for because you may get it”. That’s me right now. I was sad that I do not have any puppies right now and so I have 2 dogs that have come into heat! We noticed Kitty Cat’s condition the other day and were planning on watching for signs that she was ready to breed. Within 24 hours she was “presenting” herself to old Reggie who is a female! I guess when you are in the mood you let the closest dog know. I called my son and had him bring Ozzie over. Ozzie was here with Kitty for all of 5 minutes when we had a successful mating. (I just checked on them and they are at it again. They need a little private time.)

Now my Yorkie Raina is in heat. Why do I always find out by a stain on my jeans? Gus is our male Yorkie and he lives with my son and daughter-in-law. He will be arriving tomorrow so that he and Raina can get acquainted again. She has not seen him since he was a puppy. I guess Raina is going to be a “cougar”. She is almost 3 and Gus is just coming up on his first birthday. This is a big deal for Gus because it will prove him as a stud.

We obtained a male and a female Maltese a couple of weeks ago. We call them Moose and Squirrel. I confess that we are all Rocky and Bullwinkle fans. Squirrel is now looking like she may be coming into heat. If she does we are going to let them mate. I will go from not having puppies to potentially having 3 litters in 58 to 63 days. I will have to come back to my blog to remind myself that I was missing the puppies.

No comments: