Wednesday, October 3, 2007

One of our puppies gets a home


Last night our beautiful Cocker Spaniel puppy got her own family. I cried a little when they left. The couple who bought her have a Yorkie already. When they saw that our Cocker Spaniel was raised by a Yorkie, they thought she was perfect for them. This is why we got into breeding. I am proud that we could offer someone a healthy, well-socialized puppy.


Missing the Cocker, I put all three Yorkie puppies up on my bed to play. Wouldn’t you know it, the minute I let my guard down one of them wet on the comforter. I should have remembered how many times I washed my bedding when Raina and Penny were puppies. No more puppies on the bed!


They look so adorable and innocent right now napping together on a blanket on the floor. When they get going and playing like wild dogs, it sounds like something from the movie “Gremlins”. They love Harley the cat. They think she should play with them like a dog and she wants them to play like cats. Eliot just hides from them or hisses if they manage to corner her. It’s a good thing Eliot has learned to jump so far. She can make it from her bed to the food and the litter box without setting a foot on the floor. She is slinking by me right now to get to the window while the puppies are napping. If they wake up before she decides to leave the window, she will just have to stay there for a while.


It looks like Mim, the Cavalier King Charles Spaniel, is coming into heat. We won’t have to worry about breeding her. Merlin is with her constantly. I have already volunteered to take Mim in my room when she is due. I loved the birth of the puppies and caring for them and their mother. Raina will be upset with me since she will have to move upstairs while Mim and the puppies are with me.


Once Mim is in heat, Hamburger and Kitty Cat will probably come into heat too. Kitty is too young to breed now. We are considering a Boston Terrier-Shih Tzu mix with Hamburger. We are all still smarting from the problems that Penny had. We don’t want the same thing to happen with Hamburger. I think I would call that mix a “Bo-Tzu”. We will have to see what other names we can come up with.

No comments: