Friday, April 18, 2008

Sad and Excited


The first of the puppies leaves today. I will be sad to see her go. Since I raise the pups in my little "mother-in-law suite", I become attached to each of them. My son does not allow me to name them, so I give them nicknames. Gidget has a real name. Her family picked her out when she was only 2 weeks old and they had already decided on a name. The others I have nicknamed Spazz because he is so active. That boy is really a terrier. Then there is Xena the Warrior Queen. She tries to dominate the other puppies. And last we have Rastus. It was a favorite silly name of my late sister. This little guy thinks it is funny to run through the room with a sheet of newspaper! I get mad and yell at him when he starts shredding it. They are all sweet, cuddly and affectionate. My Raina was terrified of people when I first brought her home. I raise my puppies to love people. They run to the door when they hear someone coming.

Gidget is a very lucky puppy. She will be the pet of my daughter-in-law's cousin Lily. Lily is 5 and very precocious. Her parents got her a book on dog care with a DVD. She is so excited. Lily held Gidget when the puppy was 2 weeks old. She is in for a surprise when she sees her puppy now. I have been emailing pictures, but it is not the same as seeing and playing with a 9 week old ball of energy. I hope I remember to take pictures.

No comments: