Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Three seem like four!



I thought the work would reduce by 25% when Gidget left. Ha! These three are like wild animals when they get going. The one I have nicknamed Rastus loves to run with newspaper. Once he has it in a new location, he begins shredding it. I have to carry my squirt bottle with me all of the time.

What you see in the picture is a big mistake. Never put puppies on your bed without being within arm's length. I had to wash the comforter and the sheets. It happened so fast I could not do anything about it.


Raina seemed to know that I had goofed. She watched as the whole thing happened. Without thumbs, she was helpless to remove the pups. She could have at least barked or grunted. I wonder if she was thinking that I was such a dimwit.


Then the little monsters settle down to nap and look so sweet. They cannot possibly be the animals that were running and growling like wild dogs 20 minutes ago. Can they?

This is the best part of being a breeder. I get to play with the puppies! All the while I am trying to mold them into puppies that will be good pets for some family. I have heard from Gidget's family. She is adjusting well and being a good pet. It's the best I can hope for.

No comments: