Monday, June 1, 2009

Surprise puppies


I am tired tonight. I got a surprise this morning with my third cup of coffee-puppies! We were expecting Wookie’s puppies to come this week, but not until Saturday. I should have paid attention last night when Moose kept digging on the side of his crate closest to Wookie. When I went in to get the dogs up this morning, Wookie was vomiting. I was a little freaked out when I checked her bottom and saw an amniotic sac protruding from her nether end. I texted my daughter-in-law the news and she woke my son to come and help me in case Wookie needed to see her doctor. Luckily Wookie handled everything and the first puppy was born at 7:57 a.m. It took a while, but in the end Wookie became the mother of 2 boys and 2 girls. One is black and white and all of the others of variations of Wookie’s own parti-color.


I got some other news later when things had calmed down. The people who had put a deposit on the female Yorkie that they had name Mia, changed their minds. So I guess we are back to the nickname of Mouse and she is available. My only regret is working so hard to teach her the name Mia.

No comments: