Saturday, June 6, 2009

Wookie gets a bath


Friday was a busy day here. I got up early to get everything together for Miss Olivia to go to her new home. She also needed a bath which means that I got a bath too. I worked around the house for a little while in a wet nightshirt until it was time for a shower. This was one of the few times I have not cried when one of my babies left me. I think it is because I knew she was going to a loving home. I have already received pictures and she looks right at home. I need to give a birthday shout-out to Olivia’s new buddy Grayson. I can’t think of a better way to celebrate than with a new puppy.


Wookie’s babies are thriving. They are so beautiful, fat and sleek. I need to weigh them today to see just how much she has been feeding them. They are very strong. One woke me at 4:15 a.m. by crying. It had crawled out of the bed after Wookie. Wook does not seem to know what to do except keep the puppy warm until I can rescue it.


Poor Wookie, her pups weren’t due until today. We thought we had time to bathe her and give her a haircut. Since the puppies surprised us by coming early, Wookie was already dirty and stinky and then it just got worse from giving birth. Last night my daughter-in-law took the clippers to Wookie in an extreme makeover. She does not even look like the same dog! I have a bag of hair big enough to stuff a small pillow, but I would not want it. Wookie then got a bath so now she looks good and smells sweet.

No comments: