Saturday, June 20, 2009

Star has a home now


Little Star is the latest of our babies to get a home. It was a contest between her and Whitey. Whitey was tired and did his usual hiding under the baker's rack to get away from the other puppies. That tipped things in Star's favor. But I do have to admit Star had claimed her mommy because even after a nap, Star was more outgoing and pretty much told her brother that she had chosen this person. Whitey's time will come.


Wookie's illness cleared up quickly. So quickly that if there were a way to fake diarrhea, I would think she did fake it so she would get to eat chicken and rice. Her pups continue to grow. I need to go back over my records on previous litters to see if they really are giants. I could not resist taking this picture of Bear on his back. He looks so comfortable. The puppies are creeping a lot. Their front legs are very strong and every once in a while I hear one crying because it followed Wookie out of the bed and now is lost. It was the sound of one of these lost babies crying that got me out of bed this morning. They are working on their hind legs and I expect we will have some stumbling around in the next week. It still amazes me how much their development is similar to a human baby.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Good afternoon to you!! I have a male BoShih that I rescued from our local pound about a year ago. He is just like a member of the family. I have been searching feverishly for anyone who has puppies to sell, because we are so fond of Binky (unfortunately, he had to be neutered as part of the contract from the pound). Do you still have any BoShihs for sell? Or do you know of anyone in Georgia that does? We are very interested in a black and white female... So that Binky may have a girlfriend even though they will not be able to reproduce.... Can you offer any suggestions? Anything you can provide will be very much appreciated!! Thank you in advance!!! Rhonda Wright