Saturday, March 28, 2009

Raina's puppies


Raina gave birth to 4 puppies on March 26. Unfortunately we lost one the next day. It was pretty hard for me. This is the first puppy we have lost. I felt personally responsible for it. That somehow if I had noticed that the puppy was in distress sooner, I could have done something. Oh well, we have 3 puppies to raise and they are thriving. I take them to the vet on Monday to have their tails docked.

Kitty's puppies are growing so fast. They are very mobile considering that all they can do is crawl. They crawl out over the side of the bed chasing after their mother. Sometimes I find all of them out of their bed and sometimes under it. This ought to be fun. I have not had 2 litters born this close together before. There may come a time when I can put all of the puppies together after they are weaned.

1 comment:

KrittersThatTwitter said...

We stopped by your blog, its pawesome! So personal, great photos. We follow you on Twitter, this is a great extension....

*nosetaps*

@KritterKondo Pet Enclosures
http://krittersthattwitter.com