Thursday, March 26, 2009

Update on the pups


Kitty's puppies are growing like weeds! I weighed the one that I nicknamed "Starbuck" and she is 13 ounces today. She weighed 6.9 oz. at birth! That is almost doubling her weight in 1 week. The pups are creeping around enough to get out of the bed to reach their mother. I don't think they can go the other way yet since I have to put them back about 6 times a day. You would think that with the puppies to worry about, Kitty would ignore Raina. No way! She still has to snarl when she sees Raina go by. I hung a blanket over the baby gate to give Kitty some privacy. I already have a blanket over the gate on Raina's room.

Raina has been in early labor since yesterday. Now it's getting really serious. She drank some puppy formula a little while ago, then barfed it all up. She refused to eat some boiled liver which is a good sign. I want to bring her into the living room to deliver so that I can be comfortable. When it gets close, I am going to put the other dogs in their crates. Of course it has to be raining hard today and all of the dogs are inside. Hopefully I will have new puppy pictures before bedtime.

No comments: