Thursday, March 19, 2009

Waiting is awful!


What you are looking at is Kitty's belly. There are 6 little puppies in there waiting to be born. Our vet was wonderful in helping me get the best pictures I could of the x-rays. Raina had her picture taken too and she is having 4 puppies.

I am now a basketcase. I do not wait well and having 2 pregnant dogs is making me especially ansty. Kitty has managed to wake me during the past two night and ended up sleeping with me. I am such an easy touch.

Both dogs are resting a lot. I guess I would be too if I was carrying around that much of a load. I check their temperatures daily waiting for the drop to occur. It's not easy taking a dog's temp without assistance. Kitty is easier with more tail for me to grab. I am giving them extra formula and yogurt right now. The calcium is crucial for them since the puppies are taking a lot of it. I am just trying to keep busy sewing and taking care of the house. My delivery supplies are all ready and I feel better that both dogs were seen by the vet this week. Now it is just a waiting game.

No comments: